Public Safety Education
- CPR Courses
- Home Safety Evaluations
- Fire Station Tours
- Fire Truck Visits to Block Parties
- Fire Extinguisher Classes
- New Car Seat Installation
- Blank Children's Hospital - Fire Safety House
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide/CO Detectors - operation and battery check, install new batteries or detectors
American Heart Association (AHA) CPR classes are available through the Clive Fire Department. Courses are taught by members of the department who are certified as instructors through the AHA. Classes are scheduled on an as needed basis for groups of 5 or more participants.
Available Classes (Updated October 2018)
- Healthcare provider, for those working in healthcare and are required to have CPR certification, $75
- Heartsaver CPR, for people who desire a certification in CPR but do not work in a healthcare setting, $75
- Family and Friends CPR, for those who want to know how to perform CPR but do not have a requirement or need for certification, $15
AED use is introduced and covered in all class levels. First Aid can be added to any class for an additional $25.00 fee.
With the exception of the Family and Friends class, fees do not include the cost of textbooks. The American Heart Association requires participants have access to a textbook for their specific class before, during and after a course. Textbooks are available for purchase at any time and we do encourage all participants to purchase a textbook. However, a limited number of textbooks are available at the Clive Public Library for checkout.
Contact the Clive Fire Department to arrange classes. 515-223-1595
Other programs can be arranged on request.