For Ages 6 - 14 Years
Learn-to-Swim (6 levels) – For Ages 6 - 14
Red Cross Learn-to-Swim consists of six comprehensive levels that teach people of varying ages and abilities how to swim skillfully and safely. Each level includes training in basic water safety. All aquatic and safety skills are taught in a logical progression. The objective is to teach people to swim and to be safe in, on and around the water. The six levels include:
- Level 1: Introduction to Water Skills
- Level 2: Fundamental Aquatic Skills
- Level 3: Stroke Development
- Level 4: Stroke Improvement
- Level 5: Stroke Refinement
- Level 6: Swimming and Skill Proficiency for Fitness Swimming
If you are unsure which level to enroll your swimmer in, please visit our swim lesson questionnaire.
Click here to access our registration page and type in the level within the site search bar for list of class offerings and times!
Private lessons are for those individuals seeking one on one instruction to work on difficult skills that cannot be accomplished in group lessons. These include, but not limited to:
- Conquering aquatic fears
- Behavioral and/or physical disabilities
- Difficulties passing a level that participant has taken more than a few times over
Private lessons classes are a 1 instructor to 1 swimmer ratio.
Due to popularity, we ask participants to register for no more than 2 Private Lesson sessions per season.
Click here to access our registration page and search "Private Lessons" in the site search bar for list of class offerings and times!