2021 Summer Season Pool Passes now available for purchase!
*The City of Clive offices are open to the public with some restrictions due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic. We ask pool pass membership purchases to be done via mail in or done via online (see processes below). Passes can picked up at the aquatic center once open. Pass photos can now be uploaded from home to your Clive Sportsman account. Click here to see how its done.
Clive Aquatic Center Opens for the Season on Saturday, June 5 at 11:30 a.m.
Patrons who have already purchased their season passes may pick up their FOBs and have their photos taken when the aquatic center opens.
Benefits of obtaining a Clive Season Pass:
- Grants access to Clive Aquatic Center without paying the daily admission fee for open swim and non-registration required water exercise programs.
- Our partnership with West Des Moines Parks and Recreation allows, during the season, passes to be used at Valley View and Holiday Aquatic Centers
How do I purchase a season pass?
- To purchase a pool pass, please click here to download the form. Print and complete the form.
- Complete the information on the form accordingly. Please include an email address so we may email you a receipt.
- Scanned and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailed to the Clive Parks and Recreation offices.
- Faxed to 515-457-3092
- List all potential pass holders in the designated section.
- If looking to get a nanny pass, please call us at 515-223-5246 for assistance.
- Payment must be made before passes will be issued.
- Form and payment can be cash, check, or credit card and must be submitted with the form.
Via Online *NEW*
- To purchase a pool pass, please click here to access the online registration.
- Log into your Sportsman Clive Leisure Services account.
- If you don't have an account, please use the following walkthrough to create one
- Verify all members in the household are listed on the account with correct up to date information.
- Identify the number of passes needed. For example: 2 person pass is for two people, 3 person for three, and so on. Additional pass types are given based on family structure/set up. These include:
- Additional Passes - If you have more than 8 members living within the same household who are looking to obtain a pass, you will need to select the 8 person option first. Once you've selected your 8 and they are in the cart, you will need to go through the additional process for each additional person. Example/walkthrough can be found here.
- Nanny passes - Are created for households who have a nanny to supervise their young swimmers while at the pool. Nanny Passes can be purchased at any time. Families and Households can add this option at a later time once nanny has been established. All Nanny Passes must be associated with a household and cannot be used for individual use. Nanny Passes are not eligible for Early Bird discount as discount is already applied.
- For those 2 and under - Those 2 and under at the time of pass purchase will not need a pass issued. If you have a member who is 2 and under, please do not select them to be on the pass. The aquatic center will track infant pool use at the admissions counter when families arrive.
- Once you have verified the number of passes, and the correct names to those passes, purchase can be made online with credit card. City of Clive accepts all credit cards except for American Express. Cash/Check will not be accepted for online payment.
- For any questions, issues, or would like help with online pass sales, please contact us directly during business hours Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at 515-223-5246.
Membership/pass photos are required for each pass holder for entry. Photos can be taken at the aquatic center or members can upload them directly to their online account.
Where can I purchase season passes?
Season passes are purchased at the Clive Parks and Recreation offices during business hours Monday-Friday from 8:00 am-4:30 pm through May or via online. During summer season, passes can be either purchased at the offices or at the aquatic center.
When can I start purchasing my season pass?
Season passes are on sale now with a 10% discounted rate through March. Nanny passes are not included within the discount as discount is already given with current pricing. Starting in April, all passes will be listed at full price through July 13th.
All season passes will be marked half off starting Monday, July 14th through the end of the aquatic season.
Can I purchase a pass for just my children?
Yes you can, but please note all youth 8 and under must be accompanied by a caregiver for 16 or older per our safe swimming guidelines. Any 8 and under attending the facility without parent/guardian will not be allowed in.
Who may be included on my household season pass?
Household is defined as:
1.) A married couple with or without children residing at the same address or
2.) Two adults (regardless of sex) with or without children residing at the same address or
3.) Single adult with one or more children residing at the same address.
NOTE: Children must be residing in the same household, claimed on the adult's most recent federal income tax return AND if of age, must be enrolled in elementary, middle school, junior high school, high school, university, college, or trade school at the time of purchase. Proof of enrollment maybe requested at time of registration.
NOTE: There can be no more than two adults in any household unless they wish to purchase a nanny pass for supervision of household children.
What qualifies resident versus non-resident pass holder pricing?
Any individual or household residing within the city limits of Clive are considered residents. Be advised all addresses and members placed in the system are subject for verification.
Residents pay property tax to the City of Clive and as a result have a substantially lower rate.
After I purchase my season pass, what facilities can I access with it?
A Clive season pass can also be used at both West Des Moines Park and Recreation aquatic facilities: Holiday Aquatic Center and Valley View Aquatic Center. Des Moines, Urbandale, and surrounding community pools are not part of the shared agreement at this time.
How long may I use the season pass?
Passes issued are only valid for the summer season for which they are issued, from when the outdoor water park opens to the time it closes.
What if I lose my season pass?
You will need to purchase another card for $5 per card. This can be done at the Clive Parks and Recreation offices or at the aquatic center.
If I have extenuating circumstances and would like to request the cancellation of my season pass, what do I need to do and what is the season pass refund policy?
Please send a detailed letter explaining your circumstances and why you would like the City of Clive to consider your request. Please submit your request in writing to:
Clive Parks and Recreation
1900 NW 114th Street
Clive, IA 50325
The Recreation Coordinator will review your request with the Recreation Manager and the City Administrator on a case by case basis. The City of Clive will make you aware of a decision in writing typically within a two-week period.
Typically season pass cancellations will NOT be granted and pro-rated refunds will not be given, except for the following hardship cases:
- Relocation/move outside a 30-mile radius from the Clive/West Des Moines area.
- A medical condition of an indefinite nature.
I've purchased a couple daily passes, but now want to get a season pass. Can I apply the daily admission cost toward the season pass cost?
Unfortunately the names of who purchased daily passes cannot be tracked and season pass fees cannot be pro-rated beyond the scope of what the City of Clive currently offers.