City Hall and Library Now Open to Public
Clive City Hall and Library Now Open to the Public
Clive City Hall and the Clive Public Library are open to the public starting today, June 29. The facilities were closed to visitors starting in mid-March due to the COVID-19 public health emergency. City staff has continued to safely work and deliver services throughout the pandemic response period.
Visitors to City Hall and the Clive Public Library are required to wear a face-covering to enter and receive services. Staff members working with the public are also required to wear face coverings. Disposable masks are available for visitors who do not have their own.
The City has taken multiple steps to protect staff and visitors including:
- Plexi-glass safety barriers installed at all lobby work stations
- Enhanced facility cleaning procedures
- Restrooms closed to the public
- All drinking fountains closed
- Increased access to hand sanitizer and surface cleaning wipes
- Posted information throughout facilities about staying healthy and safe
In addition to these measures, the following steps are also being taken in the Library:
- Only ten patrons are allowed in the facility at a time.
- Patrons can only be in the facility for 30 minutes a day
- Computers are available by appointment only
- Patrons can only use computers for up to 30 minutes a day
- No toys available in the children’s area
- All chairs, seating areas, study rooms, and meeting rooms are closed
- Materials are quarantined for 3 days before being checked back in
- Curbside material pick up and returns will continue for those more comfortable staying out of the facility
The Library’s hours have also changed to protect vulnerable populations and give staff time to clean the facility and materials.
Hours open to the public as of June 29, 2020
Monday - Tuesday 12 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
9 a.m. - 10 a.m. reserved for vulnerable and 55+
Friday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Saturday 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
We encourage residents and businesses to continue doing as much work with the City as possible by phone and online. To learn more about how the City of Clive is safely delivering services during the public health emergency visit https://www.cityofclive.com/connect/covid-19_coronavirus/index.php
For more information about how the Clive Public Library is keeping patrons safe while serving the community visit https://www.cityofclive.com/library/