Clive Strategic Plan
The Clive Plan
In 2012, the Mayor, City Council, Clive residents and businesses, and City staff went through an extensive strategic planning process to define the vision, mission statement, core beliefs, and action items for the City to focus on during the next 15 years. The Council updates and refines the plan every year.
Vision - Desired Destination for Clive
- Clive 2032 is a beautiful, safe City with great residential neighborhoods through buildout.
- Clive 2032 provides exceptional family living and opportunities for personal wellness.
- Clive 2032 has the Distinctive Clive Greenbelt and a revitalized 86th St. corridor/neighborhood.
We take pride in Clive!
Mission - Responsibilities of City Government
The City of Clive's mission is to provide high quality, customer valued municipal services in a financially responsible manner through a dedicated workforce resulting in satisfied customers and a sustainable Clive community, accomplished through cost-effective delivery, forward-thinking and continuous improvement.
GOALS - Map to Clive's Destination
- Financially sound City providing services valued by the community
- Resilient City facilities and infrastructure
- Distinctive Clive Greenbelt
- Great place to live: the premier location for families
September 2020 - Strategic Plan Progress (City Council Update)
The City Council updated and approved Clive's Strategic Plan following its annual August work sessions. Building upon the City's vision and mission statements, the Council prioritized specific policy and management action agendas for the FY 2020-2021 fiscal year.
2020-2021 Policy Agenda (these are policy questions the City Council will address and set direction on in FY 2021)
- Linnan Park -- short-term plan and actions
- 86th Street neighborhoods revitalization and tactical plan
- City budget and tax rate
- City partnerships for brain health
- University Avenue Corridor Plan in partnership with City of West Des Moines
- Community broadband/fiber
- Hickman Road/I-35 interchange project and future area development
- Greenbelt Landing project
- City community engagement and communications plan enhancements
- Emerald Isle development
- Long-range financial model and plan -- COVID-19 update
- Public safety services collaboration with the City of Windsor Heights
- Indian Hills Woods improvements
- Comprehensive water resources master plan
2020-2021 Management Agenda (these are actions City staff will take in FY 2021 to implement policies and strategic direction set by the City Council)
- Fire/EMS collaboration with the City of Urbandale -- implementation
- Westcom strategic plan development and implementation
- Clive Police 4/10 schedule deployment and staffing
- North Walnut Creek flood mitigation
- New Clive Public Safety Center project
- MetroNet -- research and direction
- Regional water governance
- Horizon Center development
- Right-of-way management policy
- Sustainable Greenbelt Goat program
- City information and cyber-security incident response plan
- Invasive plants and vegetation management plan
- City management succession program and process -- Clive Public Works
- Clive Police fairness and accountability
The following documents include a review of the City's performance in FY 2020 and summaries and timelines for the key FY 2021 actions.