GARBAGE AND RECYCLING
Ankeny Sanitation--in coordination with Metro Waste Authority--is the trash hauler for residents of Clive. Any questions or comments you have regarding your trash service should be addressed directly to Metro Waste Authority at (515) 244-0021.
CHARGES FOR COLLECTION
The current monthly charge for garbage/recycling service is $13.20 for curbside collection.
If you have more trash than will fit in your garbage cart or large items to dispose of, special stickers must be applied. Information on sticker costs and the number of stickers needed for different items is available here. You can purchase Extra Item or Large Item stickers online, or get them in person at Clive City Hall, 1900 NW 114th St.
Garbage collection days are as follow:
- If you reside WEST of I-35/80, trash pickup is on Thursday.
- If you reside EAST of I-35/80, trash pickup is on Friday.
*Please note that trash/recycling collection will be delayed by one day on the following holidays if they fall on a weekday: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. All other holidays will not affect trash pick up.
Metro Waste Authority (MWA) manages the Curb It! Recycling Program. Recyclables are picked up every other week on your normal garbage pick-up day. Residents of Clive will follow the black line weeks on the pick-up schedule.
Key things to remember for garbage, recycling, and yard waste collection
- On your designated pick up day, place your carts within 18 inches of the curb with the short metal bar facing the street.
- Place the carts at least 6 feet away from each other, mailboxes, lamp posts, and other permanent structures.
- Yard waste bags and other large items should be 3 to 6 feet away from your carts.
- The lids must be closed on the carts in order for trash and recyclables to be collected.
- Your cart should be out by 6:00 a.m. on collection day in order to avoid a missed pick-up.
There are two sizes of carts available. The standard size is a 96-gallon container. 48-gallon containers can be requested by calling Metro Waste Authority at (515) 244-0021.
Special accommodations for trash and recycling are available for disabled residents upon request. Please contact the City at (515) 867-5199.
Metro Waste Authority offers drop-off and house-side collection of hazardous waste. Phone (515) 244-0021 or click here to find out more about these programs.
Sign up to receive news and updates from Metro Waste Authority. You will be notified directly about disruptions or sudden changes affecting your recycling and garbage collection. The updates can be requested by accessing the Metro Waste Authority website and clicking on the Sign-Up button.