Trash and recycling
Waste Management of Iowa is the official hauler of trash, recycling and yard waste for the residents of Clive. Any questions or comments you have regarding your trash service should be addressed directly to Waste Management at (515) 265-5267.
Metro Waste Authority is where your trash goes after it has been picked up. Questions or comments regarding the landfills and recycling facility can be addressed at (515) 24-GREEN ((515) 244-7336) or by visiting mwatoday.com.
- If you reside WEST of I-35/80, trash pickup is on Thursday.
- If you reside EAST of I-35/80, trash pickup is on Friday.
CHARGES FOR COLLECTION
The current monthly charge for garbage/recycling service effective May 1, 2019:
- $13.20 for curbside collection
- $18.77 for house side collection
Click Here to purchase extra trash stickers online.
A Large Item sticker must be attached to large items and placed at the curb on your scheduled trash day for pick up. These stickers are $5.00 each and may be purchased at Clive City Hall or online. Seven large-item stickers (totaling $35) are required for appliance disposal. Contact Waste Management at (515) 265-5267 to arrange for large item pick up or to confirm if more than one sticker is needed for a particular item.
Click Here to purchase large-item stickers online.
Metro Waste Authority (MWA) implemented the Curb It! Recycling Program in 1994. The program makes it easy to recycle. Recyclables are picked up every other week on your normal garbage pick-up day. Residents of Clive will follow the black line weeks on the pick-up schedule.
Key things to remember:
- On your designated pick up day, place your carts within 18 inches of the curb with the short metal bar facing the street.
- Place the carts at least 6 feet away from each other, mailboxes, lamp posts and other permanent structures.
- Yard waste bags and other large items should be 3 to 6 feet away from your carts.
- The lids must be closed on the carts in order for trash and recyclables to be collected.
- Your cart should be out prior to 7:00 a.m. on collection day in order to avoid a missed pick-up.
There are two sizes of carts available. The standard size is a 96-gallon container. 48-gallon containers can be requested by calling Clive Water at (515) 867-5199.
Hazardous waste must go to the Metro Waste Authority Regional Collection Center in Bondurant or Grimes. Phone (515) 967-5512 to find out more about this program.
Sign up to receive news and updates from Metro Waste Authority. You will be notified directly about disruptions or sudden changes affecting your recycling and garbage collection. The updates can be requested by accessing Metro Waste Authority website and clicking on the Sign-Up button.