Clive Pet Licensing
Did You Know?
• You are required by law, to annually license all cats and dogs six (6) months of age or older with the City Of Clive.
• In accordance with city code, it is unlawful to harbor or house on your premises, more than four (4) animals over the age of six (6) months.
• Your pet(s) must have current rabies vaccinations.
• Proof of spay/neuter will need to be submitted the first time to get the Altered Pet rate.
• Service animals qualify for a waiver of the annual fee. However, a license application must be submitted along with proof of service certification, annually.
• All licenses expire on December 31 every year. Licensing for the next year begins in January. You have until April 30 to renew without penalty. Beginning May 1, a $10 per pet late fee will apply.
• New residents and newly acquired pets are not subject to late fees if licensed within 30 days.
• The tag issued to your pet(s) is a permanent, numbered tag that stays with them for as long as you own the pet. If your pet’s tag is lost, a replacement can be purchased for $4.
• You may license your pet(s) by mail, in person, by phone or online at cityofclive.com.
• The funds collected from the Clive Pet Licensing Program go toward the city’s costs for animal control services.
Clive City Hall
1900 NW 114th St.
Clive, IA 50325
Phone: (515) 223-6220