Artists interested in submitting their qualifications to be considered for future projects can prepare and submit the materials detailed below. Additional information may be required at the discretion of the City.
Artists should submit a set of printed submission materials, organized and fully assembled (no staples, please!) in the specific order as described below:
- A one-page maximum typed letter of interest outlining the artist’s qualifications and preferred medium/specialty areas.
- A list of public art experience with budget size of past projects.
- Printed images of up to 6 samples of previously completed artwork, one project to one page (8 ½ x 11). Please include a brief narrative and budget cost on the page.
- A current professional résumé. If submitting as a team, a résumé should be submitted for each team member.
- A page listing 3 references who have an intimate knowledge of the artist’s work and working methods. Letters of recommendation should not be included.
- A PC-compatible CD containing the same pictures presented above. Pictures should be in JPEG format with a maximum pixel dimension per image 800 x 800 and resolution up to 200 pixels. The CD should be clearly labeled with the artist’s name. Photos should be labeled as follows:
- Name of artist at top
- Title of work & budget below photo
- A self-addressed stamped envelope (with accurate postage) must be included for the return of your submission materials.
- Artists may include up to three selections of support materials such as reviews, news articles, and other related information.
Artists interested in being considered should submit the materials to:
Clive City Hall
Attn: Matt McQuillen
1900 NW 114th Street
Clive, IA 50325