Guide to City Services
Browse by Alphabet
Search Guide to City Services
- Water Department Information
- Billing for utility services including water are done through the City Clerk's office. If you would like more information on rates and billing procedures, please click here.
Utility Billing Customer Service: 515-867-5199
- Water Main Break
- To report a water main break contact the Public Works Department at 515-223-6231 during business hours.
After business hours contact Westcom Dispatch at 515-222-3321.
- Water/ Water Quality
- The City's water is supplied by the Des Moines Water Works. For questions regarding treatment processes and drinking quality information, click here.
Public Works: 515-223-6231
- Who to Call
ADMINISTRATION†at 515-223-6220 with questions or concerns about....
- Cigarette and liquor licenses
- City financial information
- City ordinances
- Council meeting information
- Human resource information
- Licensing a dog or cat
- Noise permits
- Paying parking tickets
- Solicitor permits
WASTE MANAGEMENT at 515-265-5267 with questions or concerns about...
- Appliance and white goods pickup
- Missed garbage
- Solid waste for new construction
WASTE MANAGEMENT at 515-244-7336 with questions or concerns about...
- Missed pickup of recycling
CODE ENFORCEMENT at 515-223-6220 with questions or concerns about.....
- Abandoned/inoperable motor vehicles on private property
- Dead or diseased trees
- Dumpster out of enclosure
- Illegal signs
- Nuisance or junk/debris/garbage
- Sidewalks in disrepair
- Snow not cleared from sidewalks or parking areas
- Tree trimming or tree removal on private property
- Vehicles parked on grass
- Weeds/tall grass
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT at 515-223-6221 with questions or concerns about....
- Building inspections
- Building without a permit
- Drainage problems on private property caused by a public facility or construction project
- Illegal use of property or business
- Unauthorized construction
- Unsafe building or structure
- Unsafe construction activities
- Zoning regulations
FIRE at 515-223-1595 with questions or concerns about...
- Ambulance services
- Commercial/residential fire alarms
- Fire rescue services
- Fire inspections
- Open burning regulations
POLICE at 515-278-1312 with questions or concerns about...
- Abandoned or inoperable vehicles on public right-of-way
- Accident reports
- Animal control
- Disturbing the peace, noise issues
- Motor vehicle violations
- Parking tickets
- Red light cameras
PUBLIC WORKS at 515-223-6231 with questions or concerns about....
- Drainage problems on public property
- Fire hydrant maintenance or repair
- Mosquito spraying
- Snow removal on streets
UTILITY BILLING CUSTOMER SERVICE at 515-867-5199 with questions or concerns about...
- Utility services
- Water service sign up/disconnect