Waste Management will be picking up your unwanted items on the following days:
East of the Interstate: May 2nd.
West of the Interstate: May 9th.
Be sure to have all items at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the day of the pickup.
Please mark any trash cans you want to save.
The following items will NOT be accepted:
- Railroad ties
- Normal yard waste that can be disposed of on your regular trash day
- Vehicles, major auto parts or tires
- Buildings, major building parts, or large piles of building materials
- Concrete chunks (ALL SIZES)
- Asphalt shingles over 65 lbs. In total weight
- Animal carcasses
- Banned substances such as:
- waste oil
- explosive material
- medical waste
- highly combustible material
- any other toxic or hazardous substances
Call the Regional Collection Center at (515) 967-5512 for information regarding hazardous substance disposal.
The following appliances will NOT be accepted:
To arrange for a pickup of any of these appliances, call Waste Management at (515) 262-4040. Seven (7) large item stickers per appliance will be required.
To find out if your items are eligible for pick up, please call Waste Management at (515) 262-4040.
The Clive "tire collection" program has been discontinued. Passenger car/SUV/truck tires and other types of tires such as large, oversized tires, semi, farm and tractor tires can be delivered to Metro Park East Landfill. The fees range from $5 to $20 each or $110 per ton and more information can be obtained by calling (515) 967-2076.
Solid wheels such as those on go-carts, lawnmowers and golf carts may be placed in with regular garbage as they are not considered “tires” and cannot be processed by equipment normally used to recycle tires.