Parks & Recreation
(located in Clive City Hall)
1900 N.W. 114th St.
Clive, IA 50325-7077
(in season only)
Hours of Operation (Office)
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Diving Board and Deep Water Rules
For safety reasons, the Clive Aquatic Center requires that all swimmers/divers using the deep end must be able to swim. We ask all patrons to please use caution when using the deep water area and know your limitations. For the safety of all patrons, the following deep end rules are enforced:
- If asked by staff, patrons must demonstrate the ability to swim one length of the pool to earn their deep water pass.
- Parents are not allowed to catch children or assist children in swimming to the side in any way. If a parent is needed to aid a child, the child is more than likely not able to demonstrate the 25 m. swim test and should not be allowed in the deep water.
- Only one person on the board at a time.
- Before diving, check that the person in the water is at the side of the pool.
- Once in the pool, exit promptly to the side steps nearest the board.
- Divers are allowed only one bounce on the board.
- Swimming is not allowed in the deep water when diving and the drop slide are available.