Parks & Recreation
(located in Clive City Hall)
1900 N.W. 114th St.
Clive, IA 50325-7077
(in season only)
Hours of Operation (Office)
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Clive Aquatic Center - CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
2014 Season Pool Pass Information
- Pre-season Pool Pass 2014 Form & Fees
- Where & When to Purchase/Photo IDs: Clive Parks & Recreation Department, 1900 NW 114th St, Clive, Iowa 50325 Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-4:00 PM.
Questions: McKenzie Kiger, Recreation Supervisor at 515-867-5090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gift a Pool Pass: Beginning December 1, buy a pool pass for someone special as a gift. Make a "summer basket" and combine the pass with a new swimsuit, towel, sunglasses or Coast Guard approved life jacket! Purchase comes with a gift card and instructions for the household to get their photo ID passes before May 1, 2014.
- Holiday Times for Photo IDs: Do you always run out of time to bring the kids in for their photos? New for the 2014 season, families can buy their pass AND get photo IDs taken during holiday break! ID printing and photo taking begins December 16th for the 2014 season.
- Early Bird Special: Families purchasing AND getting all members to have photos taken by the deadline in late winter (date to be determined) will receive a Gift with Purchase: one $20 concession stand gift card/ household to use at the Clive Aquatic Center.
NOTE: After the Early Bird Special deadline and qualifications are met, if a family chooses to add another member to the pass a $20 change fee in addition to the per person fee will be charged.
2013 Summer Hours
Monday - Friday
Saturday & Sunday
All hours are weather permitting.
"Like" the Clive Aquatic Center on Facebook for weather updates
2013 Spring Facility Updates
Capital Improvements to the Clive Aquatic Center were approved by Council in 2011. After a community member steering committee reviewed options and recommendations in early 2012, construction was completed by the beginning of the 2013 swim season! Updates include a new spray deck addition, bench area seating around Leisure "Kiddie" pool sprays, accessibility updates and an expanded Lazy River exit. For our news announcment click here. To view an arial drawing of the updates to the facility click here.
Daily Admission Fees
Infant, ages 0-2 Free
Youth, ages 3-12 $5
Adult, ages 13-54 $8
Senior, ages 55+ $6
No rain checks or refunds issued. Tax included in listed price.
- Passes also valid at West Des Moines Valley View & Holiday pools when photo ID pass is shown.
Swim Lessons & Aquatic Programs
This includes aquatics programs, swim lessons, and pool information dates, times and fees.
Trouble deciding what level to register? View Clive's swim lesson flow chart click here.
Clive Aquatic Center Pool & Room Rentals
A great place for children and young families to learn to swim and enjoy the water. The leisure pool includes a zero-depth entry and progresses to a depth of 3 ft. 10 in. There are sprays, fountains, a toddler treehouse slide, shade seating, and sometimes a turtle or log floatable is in the pool to climb around.
Lap Pool Swimming Area
For advanced swimmers, adults and teenagers to enjoy, the lap pool has a drop slide and a diving board located in the deep end. There are six 25-meter swimming lanes available at lap swim times and as play space during open swim. The lap pool also has a basketball hoop and two tower waterslides. A beaver and log floatable are available some days throughout the summer.
Waterslide height requirement is 48 inches. No exceptions can be made per manufacturer.
The Lazy River is a current stream with a few splashes of excitement from the "trees". Grab a tube and enjoy (tubes are provided).
Please be aware that the Lazy River is not suited for infants and toddlers. Children under 48 inches must be accompanied 1:1 by an adult using a double tube.
Special Events Building at the Clive Aquatic Center
The Special Events Building is located just to the east of the Clive Aquatic Center, sharing the parking lot. The building includes a small kitchenette with serving counter, refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave and sink. It can accommodate groups of 100 using tables and chairs. Renters are responsible for set-up, take-down and cleanup within the rental time.