Traffic Management Program for Neighborhoods
- All Services
- (515) 278-1312
The NTMP is designed to serve as a guide for City staff and residents to study, plan and implement processes appropriate for the particular traffic issues neighborhoods are experiencing. One of the Program's hallmarks is its focus on developing a partnership between the City and neighborhood residents to create and implement solutions together; solutions that balance the community needs and the neighborhood needs effectively.
The Neighborhood Traffic Management Program's objectives are as follows:
- Identify problem areas;
- Reduce vehicle speeds on residential streets;
- Reduce number and severity of accidents;
- Discourage cut-through traffic;
- Encourage pedestrian and bicycle activities;
- Create and/or enhance attractive streetscapes;
- Establish clear guidelines of the process and procedures to evaluate traffic calming requests; and
- Partner with residents for the best overall program for the affected street.
To view the NTMP handbook in its entirety, please click here.