Yard Waste Program - Premium Compost It!
- Departments:City Clerk
- Divisions:All Services
- Phone:(515) 223-6220
Clive residents who use the City's solid waste services are eligible to sign up for Clive and Metro Waste Authority's Premium Yard Waste Collection Program. This program will allow participating residents the opportunity to use a 96-gallon wheeled container for weekly collection of their yard waste. This program is an alternative yard waste collection method and does not replace the current Compost It! program that utilizes the MWA Compost It! bags and stickers.
Highlights of the Premium Yard Waste Collection Program:
- Containers must be ordered through the Clive City Hall office.
- Stickers must be obtained annually and placed on the designated area of the container.
- The program is an alternative to the current MWA Compost It! program.
- Residents are not required to use the premium container program.
- The container may only be used for yard waste disposal.
- Yard waste containers will be collected on the resident's regular solid waste collection day.
- Yard waste container collection dates will coincide with MWA's Compost It! annual calendar.
- Residents may have more than one premium yard waste container.
Complete the enrollment form and mail or deliver it with your payment to Clive City Hall. Residents should enroll early, during the month of March, for the start of the yard waste season. Upon receipt of payment, the city will deliver the yard waste container to your driveway and mail a sticker to your home, which will need to be affixed to your container.
Residents that already have a Premium Yard Waste Container will only need to purchase the seasonal sticker. This can be done with the form below or by going to the MWA website at www.mwatoday.com and pay using a credit card. Note: you cannot purchase a container online, just the sticker.