City Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Animal Control

  • Departments:City Clerk
  • Divisions:All Services

Dog/Cat Licenses WestPet Logo
Dogs and cats six months of age or older in Clive must have a pet license, which renews on an annual basis. 

The cities of Clive, Urbandale and West Des Moines are partners in an entity known as WestPet, for the purposes of animal control and pet licensing. 

Please go to or call (515) 273-0651 for further information.

It is unlawful for any owner to allow dogs, cats or any other animals to run at large within the corporate limits of the City. Any animal at large may be impounded.  For more information, contact the Police Department.

Dog Bites

The owner of any dog, cat or other animal which has bitten or attacked a person, or any person having knowledge of the bite or attack, should be reported to the Clive Police Department.

Dead Animals

If you have a dead animal in your yard that needs disposed of, it may be bagged and placed in your trash receptacle for standard solid waste collection.  For special circumstances or questions, please contact the Public Works Department at (515) 223-6231.


Return to full list >>
View Full Site